Ozarks Transportation Organization (OTO), the Springfield-area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), is currently accepting comments for the FY 2018-2021 Transportation Improvement Program until their Board of Directors meeting on August 17, 2017.
The FY 2018-2021 Transportation Improvement Program is a listing of projects proposed for federal, state and local funding over the next four years for the OTO area which includes seven cities and two counties. Funding is proposed for aviation, bicycle and pedestrian, roadway and transit projects.
Due to feedback from federal planning partners at the Federal Highway Administration and Federal Transit Administration, the draft TIP has received several revisions that may be of interest to the public:
- Text clarification to the Introduction and Public Involvement in Section A.
- Status updates on Aviation Projects in Section B.
- Revisions to Section G, including clarification to Table G.2, a correction to Tables G.6 and G.7, more information added to Tables G.8 and G.9 for City Utilities, and combining of STP funding into STBG funding in the funding tables (current transportation law has renamed STP to STBG).
This public notice of public involvement activities and time established for public review and comment on the TIP will satisfy the program-of-projects requirement of the Urbanized Area Formula Program. If no comments or changes are made to the program, then the program as proposed will be the final program.
The revised draft version of the plan can be viewed here: http://www.ozarkstransportation.org/Documents/OTO_TIP_FY2018-2021_draft.pdf
Drafts, and the revised Sections, are available for review at:
- City Utilities Transit Center, 211 N. Main, Springfield
- Springfield-Greene County Library Center at 4653 South Campbell, Springfield
- Springfield-Greene County Library Station at North Kansas Expressway
- OTO offices at 2208 W. Chesterfield Blvd., Suite 101, Springfield
Comments can be submitted via:
- Online at GiveUsYourInput.org
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail at 2208 W. Chesterfield Blvd., Suite 101, Springfield, MO 65807