Eight changes are proposed for Amendment Number 2 to the FY 2019-2022 Transportation Improvement Program.
Transportation Alternatives Program Projects
- *New* Pine and McCabe Street Sidewalks (EN1902-19A2). Sidewalk connection along Pine Street between MO 125 and Madison Ave and a connection along McCabe St. and Pinecrest Ave. from north of Black Oak St. to west of Cedar Dr., with $265,075 in TAP funds and $66,269 in local funds for a total project cost of $331,344. Strafford applied for and received the recommendation for two projects. To improve project management, these two projects have been combined for programming.
- *New* Hunt Road Sidewalk Project (EN1903-19A2) Sidewalk connections along Hunt Road starting south of US 160 to north of Farm Road 94, with $207,439 in TAP funds and $55,060 in local funds and a total project cost of $262,499.
City of Nixa STBG-U Payback Projects
- *Revised* Pedestrian Improvements on Route 14 – Cedar Heights to Ellen (EN1708-19A2). This project replaces local funds with STBG-Urban, which Nixa is making available to MoDOT as payback for an expired Preliminary Engineering project. The total programmed cost remains the same at $468,000.
- *Revised* Northview Road Improvements (NX1802-19A2). This project replaces local funds with STBG-Urban, which Nixa is making available to MoDOT as payback for an expired Preliminary Engineering project. The description was also updated to better match the STIP. The total programmed cost remains the same at $363,660.
MoDOT Requested Changes
- *New* Sunshine Street Bridge over MNA Railroad (SP1908-19A2). Scoping for bridge improvements over the Missouri and North Arkansas Railroad east of Scenic Avenue with a total project cost of $20,000.
- *New* West Sunshine/Rte. 60 Corridor (SP1909-19A2). Scoping for roadway and operational improvements on West Sunshine/Route 60 from West Bypass to Hines with a total project cost of $300,000.
- *New* Eastgate Bridge over BNSF (SP1910-19A2). Scoping for Eastgate Avenue bridge improvements over BNSF Railroad with a total project cost of $15,000.
- *New* Melville Road Bridge over I-44 (SP1911-19A2). Scoping Melville Road bridge improvements over I-44 with a total project cost of $20,000.
Visit https://giveusyourinput.org/category/public-comment/ or the OTO offices to review the amendment in further detail and to submit comments. Comments can also be submitted in writing to Ozarks Transportation Organization, 2208 W. Chesterfield Boulevard, Suite 101, Springfield, Missouri 65807, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to 417-862-6013.
The public comment period will end at 1:30 pm on December 4, 2018. The OTO Board of Directors will review and consider approving the Amendment at an e-meeting on December 4, 2018, held at 1:30 pm online at http://www.ozarkstransportation.org\Documents\BOD%20Agendas\OTO_BOD_EMailVote_December2018.html and at 2208 W. Chesterfield Boulevard, Suite 101, Springfield, Missouri. After reviewing recommendations and entertaining public comment, the OTO Board of Directors will decide whether to formally adopt the Amendment.
For more information, contact: Natasha Longpine, Principal Planner, Ozarks Transportation Organization, 2208 W. Chesterfield Boulevard, Suite 101, Springfield, Missouri 65807, 417-865-3042.
Ozarks Transportation Organization is your Springfield-regional Metropolitan Planning Organization, or MPO. The MPO is a body of elected and appointed members who work together with local, state and federal elected officials and policy-makers, serving to make funding and planning decisions for transportation within the Springfield, MO region.
Public input is a cornerstone of our operations. To tell us what you think, please email us at email@example.com. Find us on Facebook, or on Twitter @giveusyourinput. Or call us at 417-865-3042, or stop by our office at 2208 W. Chesterfield Boulevard, Suite 101, in beautiful Chesterfield Village.